Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Should I or not submit changes?

Dalibor Topic <robilad@yahoo.com> writes:

> Porting tests over to Junit might not be too exciting,
> though. I believe that (if the mauve hackers decide to
> allow junit tests) it would be a better option to have
> both frameworks in parallel for a while. As junit
> relies on reflection, it wouldn't make much sense to
> run it on an implementation with broken reflection
> libraries. ;)

Yes, it would be easier if for a time it were possible to run against
both the old tests and the new tests.  When I looked at junit last it
was to see what the base requirement for the JVM would be and I
thought reflection would be required but after reading the docs I had
the impression you could potentially get around not having reflection
by specifying the necessary information in a file instead.  No time to
dig this up right now though.

> The major point junit has for it, in my opinion, is
> the amount of documentation surrounding it: books,
> tutorials etc. It seems to be easy to find answers.
> That could lower the entry barrier for fresh mauve
> contributors.

Yes, I think that would be the win-win scenario.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>