Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Should I or not submit changes?

--- Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org> wrote:
> Stephen Crawley <crawley@dstc.edu.au> writes:

> Yes, it really sucks to try to use Mauve in certain
> ways.  If anyone
> has loads of time it would probably be more
> interesting to develop
> junit based tests from the classpath source as a
> start and gradual
> port of the Mauve tests to what is usually a more
> familiar test
> framework to developers at large.

Junit has been lightly discussed on mauve this spring.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/mauve-discuss/2002-q2/msg00037.html

It has also came up on the classpath X mailing list:
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/classpathx-discuss/2001-December/000095.html

There is a nice discussion on pros and cons of junit
on the xml-dev list:

Porting tests over to Junit might not be too exciting,
though. I believe that (if the mauve hackers decide to
allow junit tests) it would be a better option to have
both frameworks in parallel for a while. As junit
relies on reflection, it wouldn't make much sense to
run it on an implementation with broken reflection
libraries. ;)

The major point junit has for it, in my opinion, is
the amount of documentation surrounding it: books,
tutorials etc. It seems to be easy to find answers.
That could lower the entry barrier for fresh mauve
contributors.

best regards,

dalibor topic