junit and extreme programming

We use XP at work and I'm really into it.  We write all of the tests up front
for our project using junit3.7 (which intergrates really well with
Nettbeans).

Anyway, XP is quite similar to the opensource approach in many ways though XP
has no opinion about the 'freedom' arguement.

I really want the media api's and swing in classpath/gcj.  So having read
"The Cathedral and the Bazaar" I thought I would scratch my itch by coding
the api's and contributing to an open source project at the same time.

I saw the first part of this itch scratching to be a tool that could read the
api's and generate the shell code for them.  At the same time that this
generation is done I would like for the generator to also generate the test
framework which would consist of a TestCase for each java Object., and a test
method for each public method/constructor initially just to test if the
method has been implemented.  I then wanted to use the XP approach to write
the unit/functional tests for each Object/Method before I implement them.
I've used this approach at work and it is amazing.   I don't want to preach
but you really have to experience the confidence you get from this approach
to appreciate it.   Anyway, I'm currently reading "A Practical Guide to
testing Object Oriented Systems" by MacGregor/Sykes, and they talk about the
different ways of testing OO systems. One of the things they talk about are
coverage tests.  I believe I can produce a tool to automatically generate
these coverage tests which would be added to the overall test suitel.

I guess I'm harping on a bit, but let me know how I can be of any help to you
guys.

James Williams
P.S. Thanks for the tip with email address/ first time using KEmail