This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
RE: SeverSocket.toString() not specified
- From: "Koster, K.J." <K dot J dot Koster at kpn dot com>
- To: 'Mark Wielaard' <mark at klomp dot org>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:33:10 +0200
- Subject: RE: SeverSocket.toString() not specified
> InetAddress.toString() also does not have a specification of the
> returned String format:
> Converts this IP address to a String.
> So I propose to drop both tests.
While I agree that it's not formally specified, I think that the
representation of IP addresses as strings is pretty much written in stone by
now. I think it will be safe to assume what the returned format is going to
be. Anyone writing an implementation of InetAddress that returns the IP
address for example in hexadecimal notation better make that their #1 FAQ
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?