This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: BitSet.[x]or does (not) grow BitSet
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, mauve-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:43:57 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: BitSet.[x]or does (not) grow BitSet
- References: <1017619612.29655.23.camel@elsschot><firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Tromey writes:
> >>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <email@example.com> writes:
> Mark> Although the API documentation is not very clear I am inclined
> Mark> to go with the assumption that the BitSet does not grow.
> I agree. I would be surprised by an implementation that grows the
> argument bitset.
It would indeed.
However, [x]or is commutative, so
b.or(a) = a.or(b)
To maintain commutativity, you have to either grow or shrink the