This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: mauve ./ChangeLog ./Makefile.in ./aclocal.m4 . ...
- From: Brian Jones <cbj at gnu dot org>
- To: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Date: 17 Feb 2002 22:12:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: mauve ./ChangeLog ./Makefile.in ./aclocal.m4 . ...
- References: <email@example.com><3C705D7B.188890C1@email.byu.edu>
Eric Blake <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> email@example.com wrote:
> > * gnu/testlet/java/text/MessageFormat/format.java (format): renamed
> > myformat because a class cannot have a method that has a return
> > type, i.e. is not a constructor, of the same name as the class.
> Actually, that is legal (although admittedly rare and unusual) Java.
> What compiler can't handle having a method named the same as its class?
Brian Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>