This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: mauve ./ChangeLog ./Makefile.in ./aclocal.m4 . ...
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>
- To: cbj at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:48:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: mauve ./ChangeLog ./Makefile.in ./aclocal.m4 . ...
- Organization: BYU Student
- References: <email@example.com>
> * gnu/testlet/java/text/MessageFormat/format.java (format): renamed
> myformat because a class cannot have a method that has a return
> type, i.e. is not a constructor, of the same name as the class.
Actually, that is legal (although admittedly rare and unusual) Java.
What compiler can't handle having a method named the same as its class?
This signature intentionally left boring.
Eric Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
BYU student, free software programmer