This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Mauve Hackers <mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: 30 Jan 2002 13:21:07 -0700
- Subject: bytecode verification
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
I've created a new module in the Mauve CVS repository called `verify'.
This module is intended to include code that is useful for testing a
bytecode verifier. Right now there are just two tests, and no build
infrastructure, but hopefully it will expand over time.
The existing tests require Jasmin, a Java bytecode assembler.
This is readily available on the net and is GPL.
For gcj users, I plan to import Jasmin into rhug.
Feel free to add new tests. Both passes and failures are needed.
When writing a test that is supposed to fail, you must be careful to
ensure it fails in exactly the way you intend to test. How exactly
the eventual build/test infrastructure should look for this is an open