This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
- To: Mauve Hackers <mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: bytecode verification
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 05 Nov 2001 17:08:23 -0700
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
I recently wrote a bytecode verifier for libgcj. Now I realize I have
no way to test it :-(.
Alex suggested that we write tests using a bytecode assembler. Has
anybody done anything like this already?
Testing the verifier is tricky because it is more interesting to look
at incorrect bytecode than good bytecode. That means we'd have to use
an assembler that doesn't do much checking.
I probably won't have time to work on this anytime soon :-(.