This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: Array question
- To: Mauve Hackers <mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Array question
- From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies at pg dot gda dot pl>
- Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:16:18 +0200
- References: <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey wrote:
> Eric --
> I notice in the test for java.lang.reflect.Array you wrote a few tests
> which require that arrays have no more than 255 dimensions. Where is
> this limit specified? The only reference I could find suggests that
> this is a possible, but not required, limit.
In addition to what others said - I can hardly imagine need for more
dimensions. Imagine arrays with length of only 2 each... I think that
number of bytes needed is comparable to number of atoms in our galaxy.