Re: Bytecode test suite

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10108061339010.23009-100000@wildcat.eecg.toronto.edu>
          Patrick Doyle <doylep@eecg.toronto.edu> wrote:

> I'm thinking of starting a new project on SourceForge for this.  Of
> course, I'm sure lots have people have already written tests like this,
> and I don't want to duplicate a lot of effort, so I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Does Mauve already have such a test suite?  If not, would you be
> interested in having one?

No, but it can be an excellent test, because it contains so much
different code.

> 2. Does anyone know of an existing bytecode test suite?  (I already found
> the one from the Mozilla project, and it's a good start, but it's not very
> thorough.)

Jikes contains some tests which may be relevant.

> 3. Is there anyone reading who would be interesting in contributing
> (however little) to such a project?  Maybe choose a handful of bytecodes
> and write a thorough test suite?

Probably not, but I'd certainly use it :-)

Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/