Bytecode test suite

I suppose this must be a common question, but I didn't see it in the
FAQ...

I have started writing a test suite for the JVM itself, rather than
the libraries; that is, I have a program which will run each
bytecode under a variety of circumstances and make sure the result is
correct.

I'm thinking of starting a new project on SourceForge for this.  Of
course, I'm sure lots have people have already written tests like this,
and I don't want to duplicate a lot of effort, so I have a few questions:

1. Does Mauve already have such a test suite?  If not, would you be
interested in having one?

2. Does anyone know of an existing bytecode test suite?  (I already found
the one from the Mozilla project, and it's a good start, but it's not very
thorough.)

3. Is there anyone reading who would be interesting in contributing
(however little) to such a project?  Maybe choose a handful of bytecodes
and write a thorough test suite?

--
Patrick Doyle
doylep@eecg.toronto.edu