This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: Bytecode verifiers
- To: Peter Naulls <peter at erble dot freeserve dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Bytecode verifiers
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 20 Dec 2000 11:06:28 -0700
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Naulls <email@example.com> writes:
Peter> One of the problems here is that Mauve is really only a test of
Peter> the library implementation - it doesn't (but perhaps should)
Peter> target weak spots in JVMs; it's not really organised in a
Peter> manner suitable for this - the tests are arranged in terms of
Peter> library functionality, not JVM functionality.
For the completeness issue the only thing to do is for people to write
more tests. Feel free to contribute!
For JVM tests, we could easily add a new directory for these. We
could even add an entirely new test harness just for JVM tests, if
that is necessary. We aren't overly constrained by the current way of
doing things. Contributions welcome...