This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: significance of double test?
- To: Peter Naulls <peter at erble dot freeserve dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: significance of double test?
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:09:14 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, Andrew Haley <aph at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Naulls <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Peter> This is the first test from new_Double:
Peter> // Some broken implementations convert "7.79625120912E289" to
Peter> // the value 7.796251209119999E289.
Peter> harness.check (new Double("7.79625120912E289").toString (),
Peter> Can someone tell me the significance of this test? i.e., what's
Peter> the precise behaviour that's likely to result in the wrong value?
I don't know, but I think Andrew probably does. I CC'd him since I
don't know if he is on mauve-discuss.