This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: FreeSwing, EvolutionAlgorythms
- To: Jules Bean <jules at jellybean dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: FreeSwing, EvolutionAlgorythms
- From: "Aaron M. Renn" <arenn at urbanophile dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:45:32 -0500
- Cc: Patrick Spingys <pa0093 at stud dot uni-wuppertal dot de>, info at cygnus dot com, java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: GNU's Not Unix!
- References: <37EF290A.41C6@stud.uni-wuppertal.de> <37EF2FFD.A93D3B05@jellybean.co.uk>
Jules Bean (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote:
> Classpath has some of swing done. I don't know about Kaffe..
Classpath has a bit of a GTK look and feel for Swing done. The work
completed is fairly minimal.
Park of the problem is that you need a 1.2 AWT for Swing to run on top of
and the 1.2 AWT looks substantially more complicated than the 1.1 AWT.
Swing itself is huge. Perhaps has big as the entire 1.1 API combined.
Aaron M. Renn (email@example.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/