Re: FreeSwing, EvolutionAlgorythms

Jules Bean <jules@jellybean.co.uk> writes:

> Patrick Spingys wrote:
> >
> > Hello Cygnus-Team,
> >
> > can you create an Homepage where are created free Swing-Classes
> > (under LGPL) ?
> > There exists TWO free JVMs (Kaffe and Japhar) and there exists
> > TWO free Standard-Java-Classes which includes AWT (The Kaffe-Classes
> > and GNU Classes called CLASSPATH). But there don't exist an project
> > where are created free Swing-Classes !
>
> There are sort of three, given that there is also a class library which
> comes with gcj.
>
> Classpath has some of swing done.  I don't know about Kaffe..

As one of the members of the Classpath project and the only one to
have done anything related to Swing so far (within the project) let me
just point out for the record that we haven't really started on Swing
yet.  Contributions are welcome, but we're primarily focused on
getting our AWT working with our Gtk based peers first.  I've done
some work on trying to create a GTK/Gnome/Windowmaker type look and
feel but that's been sort of slow due to my limited time available to
work on it.  I certainly hope that the Kaffe group and Classpath can
cooperate on a free Swing replacement in the future that will work
with both both projects.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>