Re: FreeSwing, EvolutionAlgorythms

Patrick Spingys wrote:

> Hello Cygnus-Team,
>
> can you create an Homepage where are created free Swing-Classes
> (under LGPL) ?
> There exists TWO free JVMs (Kaffe and Japhar) and there exists
> TWO free Standard-Java-Classes which includes AWT (The Kaffe-Classes
> and GNU Classes called CLASSPATH). But there don't exist an project
> where are created free Swing-Classes !

There are sort of three, given that there is also a class library which
comes with gcj.

Classpath has some of swing done.  I don't know about Kaffe..

> Why don't exist an project, which created free Swing-Classes ?
> And when Japhar which Classpath can run this Swing-Classes,
> it is possible that the FreeSwing-project is integrated in
> the Classpath-project.

A free-swing project sounds like a good idea.

> An other point I have on the last Wednesday have written to
> info@cygnus.com, and I have no answer become is, if you
> can create an Homepage for free (GPL or LGPL) Evolution Algorythm,
> too ? Or free Evolution Programs. I think that Evolution Algoirythm
> are in the next time more and more important. So I hope, that
> there are people who create some free libraries, which are
> helpful for programming Evolution Programs.

Well, that sounds more like a GNU project than a Cygnus project to me.
Have a browse around www.gnu.org and find an email address to send to ;)

Jules