This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: FreeSwing, EvolutionAlgorythms
- To: Patrick Spingys <pa0093 at stud dot uni-wuppertal dot de>
- Subject: Re: FreeSwing, EvolutionAlgorythms
- From: Jules Bean <jules at jellybean dot co dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:51:09 +0100
- CC: info at cygnus dot com, java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, mauve-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <37EF290A.41C6@stud.uni-wuppertal.de>
Patrick Spingys wrote:
> Hello Cygnus-Team,
> can you create an Homepage where are created free Swing-Classes
> (under LGPL) ?
> There exists TWO free JVMs (Kaffe and Japhar) and there exists
> TWO free Standard-Java-Classes which includes AWT (The Kaffe-Classes
> and GNU Classes called CLASSPATH). But there don't exist an project
> where are created free Swing-Classes !
There are sort of three, given that there is also a class library which
comes with gcj.
Classpath has some of swing done. I don't know about Kaffe..
> Why don't exist an project, which created free Swing-Classes ?
> And when Japhar which Classpath can run this Swing-Classes,
> it is possible that the FreeSwing-project is integrated in
> the Classpath-project.
A free-swing project sounds like a good idea.
> An other point I have on the last Wednesday have written to
> email@example.com, and I have no answer become is, if you
> can create an Homepage for free (GPL or LGPL) Evolution Algorythm,
> too ? Or free Evolution Programs. I think that Evolution Algoirythm
> are in the next time more and more important. So I hope, that
> there are people who create some free libraries, which are
> helpful for programming Evolution Programs.
Well, that sounds more like a GNU project than a Cygnus project to me.
Have a browse around www.gnu.org and find an email address to send to ;)