DecimalFormal.java

it seems like the SUN jdk 1.2/117 version of DecimalFormat  gives a
string result of "0.2" for a format of "#.#". It was expected to be
".2", which appears from reading the documentaion to be
correct. I submitted a bug report to sun for their opinion.

I have also inquired about the format of the E . it seems that E# is not
legit in practice, but appears correct in documentaion. I suppose one
never wants to see just an "E" for a format of "E#", but what of "E0#"
where the second digit is optional, and should ne=ot be printed.
Also positive exponents dont appear to have any "+" signatures. But
there is a "-" for neg exponents.

gat