This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Mauve project.
Re: japhar results with mauve
- To: Artur Biesiadowski <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: japhar results with mauve
- From: Chris Toshok <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 06:24:27 -0800
- CC: mauve <email@example.com>
- Organization: The Hungry Programmers
- References: <36ECC770.8B679B65@hungry.com> <36ED15C3.E9C2612E@pg.gda.pl>
Artur Biesiadowski wrote:
> Christoph Toshok wrote:
> > I took mauve for a whirl this evening, and put the results up here:
> > http://www.japhar.org/mauve.html
> > The script used to go from -verbose -debug output to the format you see
> > there is in japhar's cvs.
> You are writing that java.lang.Character tests are hanging up. Most
> probably it is because of unicode test.
> Try to remove it and run test again. If they will pass you get the
I've actually tried removing it, and then it just hangs upon completing
the other character tests. It's really strange - the only way I can get
any java.lang tests to work (and not have the whole package hang at some
point) is to put !java.lang in the KEYS and then add the ones I'm
interested in back in.
> It is just a very long test - under JDK it takes smoething between 10s
> and one minute. In japhar it can take even half an hour or more I
> suppose. Try to add some debug comments (like processing character x) in
> source and run again on its own - if it is speed then we are home.
Well, the unicode test does take forever on japhar. What with the total
lack of GC, my japhar process grew to over 320M before I finally got
tired of waiting and hit control C... :)