This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM: Add SystemTap probes to longjmp and setjmp.
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "libc-ports at sourceware dot org" <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, Patch Tracking <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:15:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: Add SystemTap probes to longjmp and setjmp.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1390815426-10792-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1401282129590 dot 2449 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 28 January 2014 21:35, Joseph S. Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2014, Will Newton wrote:
>> @@ -50,6 +48,11 @@ ENTRY (__longjmp)
>> ldr sp, [ip], #4
>> ldr lr, [ip], #4
>> + /* longjmp probe expects longjmp first argument (4@r0), second
>> + argument (-4@r1), and target address (4@r14), respectively. */
>> + LIBC_PROBE (longjmp, 3, 4@r0, -4@r1, 4@r14)
> The discussion on libc-alpha said this probe should be before unwinding;
> shouldn't that mean before sp and lr are restored, so that at probe time
> it's still possible to unwind through the caller of longjmp?
Yep, I'm working on an updated patch.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro