This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>, Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan dot kumar at linaro dot org>, "libc-ports\ at sourceware dot org" <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, Patch Tracking <patch at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:44:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJK_mQ0EoE+_JQvSL+5=C_+Q6JgsV8hvXipy8OgR8+GYyYgt3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <87iotxm15i dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAJK_mQ2isVSQgbARrRT6KYGODUyCgAavnD-TTYVYK7_bUjb6LQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFqB+Pzt2X9tcqCyzSBn0XcT62c09VUYikUHdNB6iuvrB8poWg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87fvozhddn dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CANu=Dmh7Pvbz0RUXB-hscjhnHOstZ4EwUhUxt7TVYbWvB-y3hQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
>>>>> "Will" == Will Newton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Will> Can you confirm that gdb does not use the longjmp_target probe? It
Will> doesn't appear to use it as far as I can tell. Are you aware of what
Will> consumers there are for this probe point?
Yeah, gdb uses the "longjmp" probe, not "longjmp_target".
I don't know what uses the latter; though it's worth noting that all
probes are available to gdb and systemtap users, so I wouldn't
necessarily know whether someone is using it.