This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>, Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan dot kumar at linaro dot org>, "libc-ports at sourceware dot org" <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, Patch Tracking <patch at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:00:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJK_mQ0EoE+_JQvSL+5=C_+Q6JgsV8hvXipy8OgR8+GYyYgt3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <87iotxm15i dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAJK_mQ2isVSQgbARrRT6KYGODUyCgAavnD-TTYVYK7_bUjb6LQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFqB+Pzt2X9tcqCyzSBn0XcT62c09VUYikUHdNB6iuvrB8poWg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87fvozhddn dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On 7 January 2014 18:10, Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Marcus> Hi, I'm not familiar with the inner workings of STAP probes, can you
> Marcus> explain what the arguments of longjmp_target should be at a semantic
> Marcus> level rather than the proposed location to get the values from?
> I was going to say manual/probes.texi but I see the longjmp probes
> aren't documented.
> Currently gdb only uses the third argument, which is the target PC.
> Marcus> Do we need probes in setjmp aswell?
> I think it's nice for users if the probes are the same across ports.
> That said, gdb itself only uses the longjmp and rtld probes from glibc.
> gdb users (or SystemTap users) can refer to the other probes though.
Can you confirm that gdb does not use the longjmp_target probe? It
doesn't appear to use it as far as I can tell. Are you aware of what
consumers there are for this probe point?
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro