This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] [AArch64] Define BE loader name.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at linaro dot org>, "libc-ports at sourceware dot org" <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 17:43:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [AArch64] Define BE loader name.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1388597841-30225-1-git-send-email-marcus dot shawcroft at linaro dot org> <5B4A856A-A214-4F20-83D2-BAD886EB9F04 at gmail dot com> <CAFqB+PwUM2_gvQhvoMsEbm1u=JKpkN_7qM75efdNZyBBKn9sWw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+=Sn1kwJCEV+u+6Z0WwOJLEnP=EjCpVp468e7ywSCJK=KxCwg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 01/06/2014 12:16 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> Cavium / montavista do have the option of creating a symlink in order
>> to ease the transition.
> No this still broken.
We need technical arguments from both sides to reach consensus.
Marcus has to come up with real reasons for needing the new dynamic
Andrew, you need to come up with concrete reasons for not wanting to use
a symlink or a copy.
This is *exactly* the same kind of change we made for the 32-bit ARM
hard-float dynamic linker name change.
The only wrinkle is that a symlink doesn't actually work:
If Markus is suggesting using a symlink he'll have to look into the
problem I posted, because the last time I checked the symlink setup
didn't work and required a hack to be used until all binaries had
Thankfully in the case of the hard-float dynamic linker name change
we had consensus that the name change was needed to support a mixed