This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan dot kumar at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org, Patch Tracking <patch at linaro dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 12:17:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJK_mQ0EoE+_JQvSL+5=C_+Q6JgsV8hvXipy8OgR8+GYyYgt3A at mail dot gmail dot com> <87iotxm15i dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAJK_mQ2isVSQgbARrRT6KYGODUyCgAavnD-TTYVYK7_bUjb6LQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 7 January 2014 11:05, Venkataramanan Kumar
> I looked at x86 and powerpc ports. So for Aarch64
> longjmp/longjmp_target probe expects
> * first argument 8@address of jmpbuf in x0.
> * second argument -4@return val in x1.
> * third argument 8@ address of target in LR/X30.
Hi, I'm not familiar with the inner workings of STAP probes, can you
explain what the arguments of longjmp_target should be at a semantic
level rather than the proposed location to get the values from?
Do we need probes in setjmp aswell?