This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan dot kumar at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Patch Tracking <patch at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 11:10:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [AARCH64]: Pointer mangling support for Aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJK_mQ0EoE+_JQvSL+5=C_+Q6JgsV8hvXipy8OgR8+GYyYgt3A at mail dot gmail dot com>
>>>>> ">" == Venkataramanan Kumar <email@example.com> writes:
>> This patch adds pointer mangling support for Aarch64.
IIRC the Aarch64 longjmp code doesn't have the sdt.h probes in place.
If you add pointer mangling without also adding the sdt.h probes, then
gdb's longjmp support will break. You should be able to see this easily
in the gdb test suite.
Adding the probes is quite easy to do, so I encourage you to add that
to the patch.