Re: Fix MIPS n32 cancellation in static libc (bug 15506)

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> Bug 15506 is missing cancellation wrappers in static MIPS n32 glibc
> when GCC is configured with --with-mips-plt, as referred to by
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2012-02/msg00056.html> but with
> apparently no bug report filed in Bugzilla at that time.
>
> This patch fixes this by creating a non-PIC version of the n32/n64
> sysdep-cancel.h PSEUDO macro.  Tested with NPTL tests for n32 (GCC
> --with-mips-plt), where it fixes failures of tst-cancel21-static and
> tst-cancel-wrappers.  Maciej, does this patch seem sane to you?

 Functionally it looks about right to me.  Eventually I think it would be
good to merge the two PSEUDO macro variants along the lines of how
ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/nptl/sysdep-cancel.h does it.  Also
formatting of PSEUDO is weird in both files (a preexisting problem).

 Thanks for fixing this issue.

  Maciej