Re: Avoid $(shell) in determining default ARM ABI

> It's essentially the same as used for MIPS.

Then both are wrong.

> > ./config.status will recreate the file.  But actually you can just append
>
> In any case where the contents might change, [...]

This criterion is irrelevant to the problem, which is a straightforward
violation of GNU configure standards.  You should be able to blow away the
entire build directory save config.status, run ./config.status (without
--recheck) and be ready to run 'make' just like you had run configure from
scratch.  I'm not aware of anything in the generic libc build code that
would prevent this.

Thanks,
Roland