Re: [patch, mips] Fix stubs files for hard float vs. soft float

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Steve Ellcey  wrote:

> While working on various flavors of glibc, I found that building on MIPS
> with and without floating point enabled resulted in different stub files,
> but the MIPS makefile did not handle this difference correctly (it would
> always create a stubs-o32.h (or n32 or n64) header file and that file would
> look different depending on whether or not you enabled floating point.

What are the differences exactly?  We should look at whether they are
actually all correct....

> This patch creates different stub files for hard float vs. soft float, which
> combined with o32, n32, and n64 results in 6 different stub files. Rather
> then create 6 different Makefiles to set abi-default (there are 3 right now)
> I changed mips to use the ARM method of setting abi-default by preprocessing
> a C file.  This allowed me to remove the 3 Makefiles that did nothing but set
> abi-default instead of having to add 3 more Makefiles to handle the soft vs.
> hard differences.

Note that Roland objected to the use of $(shell) in the ARM case (it's on
my queue to revise the implementation accordingly, maybe during the 2.17
freeze period).  So I advise trying one of his suggestions from that
thread <http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2012-05/msg00190.html>.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com