Re: Multilib mips build question

On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 22:15 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, Steve Ellcey  wrote:
>
> > Before rebuilding to a single sysroot I looked at the usr/include directories
> > for each of these builds and while the include files for the two mips64r2
> > builds match, the usr/include/huge_vall.h and usr/include/ieee754.h files in
> > the mips32r2 include directory are different then the mips64r2 ones.  I think
> > this is due to the Implies files.
>
> I advise working out what is correct for MIPS (possibly headers with ABI
> conditionals) and then creating appropriate MIPS-specific versions of
> these headers

While investigating huge_vall.h I found that neither of the copies of
this header file are coming from a mips specific directory.  One is
coming from bits/huge_vall.h and one from
sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128/bits/huge_vall.h.  The one under sysdeps has
support for the 2.96 and older GCC compilers.  If we removed this then
the two files would be identical.  Could we do this?  Or if the two
would then be identical could we get rid of one of them entirely?

That would fix one of my two multilib header files issues on MIPS.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@mips.com