Re: Phone call (was Re: Armhf dynamic linker path)

Em 11 de abril de 2012 22:39, Michael Hope <michael.hope@linaro.org> escreveu:
> 2012/4/12 Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
> <paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade@gmail.com>:
>> Em 11 de abril de 2012 21:16, Michael Hope <michael.hope@linaro.org> escreveu:

>>> This includes the ABI (h), adds the endianess (l), and implies a
>>> architecture level (v7). ?The name for the most common configurations
>>> should be as short as possible so I'd rather drop the 'l' and add a
>>> 'b' or 'eb' if anyone wants a big endian distro in the future. ?The
>>> architecture level is a problem as the loader should also be valid on
>>> ARMv5 and ARMv6 hard float builds. ?Skype should be able to make a
>>> hard float binary that runs on everything, including a potential ARMv6
>>> hard float RaspberryPi build.
>>
>> ?This means ld.so (and what else? a skype binary should not come fully
>> statically linked) should be built with -march=armv5te? That is, common
>> denominator should be vfpv3-d16, ldrd/strd and thumb2 instruction set?
>> ?AFAIK, for "user level", armv6 with vfp is effectively amv7 (sans armv7-r
>> that has a div instruction in thumb mode).
>
> The architecture and feature set is a different topic and should be
> discussed by the distros but I'd rather finish the loader path one
> first. ?Note that Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, openSUSE, and Gentoo have
> all taken the opportunity to go to ARMv7 at the same time as switching
> to hard float.

  Ok. It obviously should be up to distros if they want the hardfp packages
to be able to run on armv5 with a vfp :-) And so is for skype if they want
it to run on such distro if it exists.  Simpler alternate name would be

/lib/ld-linux-armh.so.3

> -- Michael

Paulo