Re: Glibc-ports status? Creating glibc-ports tarball for 2.13?

I hadn't noticed this go by before, so I'm glad Joseph rejected it.  I'd
like to make a stronger blanket statement.  No ports add-on should ever
override a sysdeps file in the main tree.  That is, it must always be a
no-op to include the ports tree as an add-on when configuring for a
non-ports architecture.

If you want to add new shared files, then the way to do that is to put them
in a new or different sysdeps subdirectory, adding Implies files as needed.
Note that doing this would break the current situation where each port can
be an independent add-on distributed separately.  Up until now, they all
live in one repository/tree together only for convenience.  If there is a
real need to add a new file shared across ports, we should give the issue
more careful thought before deciding how to handle it.

Thanks,
Roland