Re: [ARM] {OABI, EABI} x {LinuxThreads, NPTL} (was: Breaking ARM's mcount implementations into a separate file)

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:41:51AM +0100, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hello!
>
> While we're at that -- another question: what's the general policy on
> keeping ARM's OABI and LinuxThreads code up to date that is still present
> in the repository?  Obviously it needs time to maintain / enhace these
> code paths when doing changes to EABI / NPTL code -- but are these
> changes at all used by anyone, or is it in fact wasted time?  Let alone
> the difficulty with testing such changes.  Should maybe even the OABI and
> LinuxThread code blocks / files be removed from the repository?

We've left it there in case anyone wants to use it - but still don't
bother updating it.  I expect a few people still use the OABI NPTL
port, and no one uses new glibc sources with OABI LinuxThreads.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery