This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not use 'bx' on armv4
- From: Phil Blundell <pb at reciva dot com>
- To: "Kirill A. Shutemov" <kirill at shutemov dot name>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 09:19:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not use 'bx' on armv4
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 10:51 +0300, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> armv4 has no thumb support and instruction 'bx'. Use 'mov pc' instead if
> __USE_BX__ is not defined.
I'm not sure that this patch is the right way to solve the problem;
interworking is mandatory for the EABI. You would probably do better to
just use the linker flag --fix-v4bx to patch those instructions during
final link; I think recent gccs will do this automatically for