Re: glibc alpha patches

Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Thursday 15 January 2009 09:53:03 Oliver Falk wrote:
Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Thursday 15 January 2009 06:11:50 Oliver Falk wrote:
Mike Frysinger wrote:
at any rate, your dl_support patch is wrong. see the one i wrote
instead:
http://sources.gentoo.org/gentoo/src/patchsets/glibc/2.9/6018_all_alpha
-g libc-2.8-cache-shape.patch?rev=1.1
Not totally wrong. :-) But yes, your patch is more correct.
fair enough
But it's strange. I tried to recompile glibc, but with the updated patch
I get unresolved symbols...

make sure the file didnt end up empty. i apply all our patches with -E ...

Thx. I'll check that in my next built...

Mike. You have the same problem as I/we have, right? Or don't you mind
that your patches are not in upstream cvs?
i dont think distros should have to maintain out of tree patches
So, you would also be happy to have a alpha maintainer, or even willing
to take over the job?

if it's just a matter of regression building, then that's easy enough as i certainly have the hardware. this is what i meant by "community" supported as we can have multiple people assist in the process.

Hm. Seems like the people who know it, don't read this mail :-(

-of