Re: PowerPC E500 hardware floating point support in libc

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Alex Dubov wrote:

> Is there a "known good" combination of gcc and eglibc I can build to get
> started?

The first version of GCC that supports 128-bit IBM long double for E500
without many additional patches is GCC 4.3, so I recommend using GCC 4.3
branch.  Questions about EGLIBC are off-topic for this list; if you wish
to work on adapting the patch along the lines discussed in the FSF GLIBC
review and in this thread so it can go in FSF GLIBC that would be
appropriate here, but if you wish to work on development of EGLIBC or to
discuss EGLIBC issues found in the course of developing a GNU/Linux
distribution using EGLIBC please use the EGLIBC patches list.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com