Re: issue with SIGPROF signal handler on ARM

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 07:16:35PM +0530, Arvind Ayyangar wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
> > > Does the kernel fill the register values in the k_sigcontext structure  ?
> >
> > Yes, the kernel fills the register values in the sigcontext structure
> > passed to the signal handler.
>
> Does that mean the prototype for the signal handler needs to be
> changed in order for it to work correctly ?

This is just a standard signal handler.  There are two ways they
are called, depending on how they are registered (see "man
sigaction").  Which one is relevant here?

The _a2, _a3, _a4 arguments look to me like an old hack, which
may no longer work: there are four register arguments and the next one
is assumed to be passed by value on the stack.  That may not be where
the sigcontext / ucontext really end up.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery