s390 problem with libc

I am working with the linux from scratch doc to build an s390 linux system
from scratch.  I am running into a problem with GAWK where it is not
correctly recognizing the field separator.  I have been able to narrow the
problem down to the loader.  If I use the driving system loader, the field
separator is handled properly.  If I use the loader from my GLIBC build, I
have the problem with the field separator.  I am building GLIBC version
2.3.4 with the following options:

--disable-profile --enable-add-ons \
--enable-kernel=2.6.0 --with-binutils=/tools/bin \
--without-gd --with-headers=/tools/include \
--without-selinux

Are there any additional parameters or patches that I should be using with
this build.

Thanks,
Chris Parker