This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: GLIBC PowerPC CPU tuned addon V0.1
- From: "Lior Balkohen" <balkohen at gmail dot com>
- To: "Steven Munroe" <munroesj at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-ports at sources dot redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:05:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: GLIBC PowerPC CPU tuned addon V0.1
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=lkV2HLJfWCgh0872Bf7Nzv5wq+0Rx8hqRRgJK0NeVSbD+p1J8RhuOEb99TkqScM6DwGlUnLgcVeohaFY25lCfBod8bimmUiY0OamAV64Q58b8F7q+4e0WtiYmIXS/oo4AQhF/rLuJTG3+P+vHUcDv3s+cQ8X4qkLJhqeGCxj+uo=
- References: <email@example.com>
2006/4/19, Steven Munroe <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> The GLIBC PowerPC CPU tunes addon is available for download from
> penquinppc.org @
> This add-on is intended to provide alternative (cpu tuned)
> implementations to existing glibc functions. At this stage, powerpc-cpu
> is the first to use the --with-cpu mechanism, which is new to glibc and
> needs some testing mileage. The intent is that powerpc-cpu will
> eventually be merged back into the glibc-cvs tree (perhaps under ports),
> but for now I will maintain the tar file.
> The --with-cpu is not powerpc specific and can be applied to any
> platform where gcc supports the --mcpu= option. Any one who is
> interested can use powerpc-cpu as an example to create their own cpu
> specific add-ons for their platform.
Nice! I have here some bits for 405 and 440 cores, and I would like
to send them, but it does not make sense since powerpc/nofpu port is
Probably I have to wait until it's fixed.