This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] Import linuxthreads for hppa.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: "Daniel Jacobowitz" <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:32:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Import linuxthreads for hppa.
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=b/JvIFTYyyJJ0jAkgIYQhO5NBMMHduCoPY6d9uOfE39WqzzsXHaKgNPpJEbusJBH/890ZFq7Ln2GjjIeIDb+3qX/tsJTT9q0xBz8gkIshiCWmS99umn25JyCms6EuExy8K/9NHprgumQyxZ8XmHOrmtKR6hpNrPAuhTFgDXMk5U=
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060417192245.GA23263@nevyn.them.org>
On 4/17/06, Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Ok to checkin?
> I don't think you need approval - that's the point of having you
> maintain it :-)
Excellent. I just wanted to make sure this was kosher.
> > 2006-04-14 Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * sysdeps/hppa/linuxthreads/pspinlock.c: New file.
> > * sysdeps/hppa/linuxthreads/pt-machine.h: Likewise.
> > * sysdeps/hppa/linuxthreads/tls.h: Likewise.
> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/linuxthreads/aio_cancel.c: Likewise.
> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/linuxthreads/malloc-machine.h:
> > Likewise.
> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/linuxthreads/pt-initfini.c: Likewise.
> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/linuxthreads/sysdep-cancel.h: Likewise.
> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/linuxthreads/bits/initspin.h: Likewise.
> > * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/hppa/linuxthreads/bits/pthreadtypes.h:
> > Likewise.
> What about the existing files in linuxthreads/ ? Obviously they don't
> match these, since there's no TLS support there, and there is here.
> Let me know if you need old linuxthreads/ files removed.
That was the next step after getting approval for these patches.
So yes please remove all of hppa from linuxthreads. I've already done
this locally, which is how I generated the patches.
Two other things...
Looking a bit ahead I have some linuxthreads patches that fix
linuxthreads + tls in the STACK_GROWS_UP case. I will post
these after some testing.
I also believe that in general the patches that hppa uses for linuxthreads
will never get accepted at this stage. I will post them one last time for
posterity and for your review. You'll see them in the next couple of weeks.