Re: ports, please report on trunk status

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:22:47PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Please report: build known to work; Linux kernel versions believed
> compatible (modulo threads issues); status of NPTL, and specific Linux
> kernel versions (and hardware flavors, if relevant) on which NPTL works;
> verify that "make check-abi" results show no old symbols gone missing.

MIPS, I tested
  mips-none-linux-gnu (o32) (LinuxThreads)
  mips-none-linux-gnu (o32) (NPTL)
  mips64-none-linux-gnu (n32) (NPTL)
  mips64-none-linux-gnu (n64) (NPTL)

All four build and work after the patches I just committed plus the one
I posted this afternoon (which I can't commit, as it touches
linux/configure.in).  The mips o32 toolchains should build even without
that patch.

32-bit LinuxThreads libraries should be compatible with any working
kernel.  For 64-bit libraries I recommend something fairly recent,
but only because many kernel bugs have been fixed; it should work
reasonably well with LinuxThreads on any 64-bit kernel.  NPTL requires
kernel 2.6.12 for both MIPS and MIPS64.

Check-abi results are fine.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz