Re: [Bug localedata/10871] ru_RU: 'mon' array should contain both nominative and genitive cases

Hi,

> Well, can we see what is the extent of the problem?
> Russian, Polish, possibly all of the Slavian languages, Finnish,
> Hungarian, Estonian?

Hungarian is not affected by this particular problem.

We sometimes (it's getting less frequent IMO) write month names with
roman numbers, e.g. 2015. XII. 31 for last new years'e eve. I guess
the alternate month name format could be used for this. (Although a
much generic modifier in front of any number to write in Roman would
probably be a better approach. I've no clue if other languages use
Roman numbers in this context. We prefer Roman numbers to Arabic ones
at a few other places too, e.g. for the 23 districts of Budapest (e.g.
the 6th district is "Budapest VI. kerÃlet".)

Another problem we have in Hungarian is that it's an agglutinative
language where as the suffix takes one of the two or three candidate
vowels that better matches the base word. E.g.

In 2015 / 2016 = 2015-ben / 2016-ban
In August / September = augusztusban / szeptemberben
>From August / September = autusztustÃl / szeptembertÅl
On the 5th / 6th = 5-Ãn / 6-Ãn
>From the 5th / 6th = 5-tÅl / 6-tÃl
etc.

This can't be solved relying on glibc + translations. Again, it's way
out of the scope of the current discussions, as e.g. there's not even
a selector for English st/nd/rd/th.

Cheers,
Egmont