Re: localedata (non-)copyright policy from FSF

I am afraid that this policy will backfire on FSF and
our locale activities. If FSF would remove the GNU v2
copyrights on these locales, other organisation with more lawyers
and deeper pockets may take over the copyrights, and bar
the locales to be used in glibc. It is quite questionable
that the proposed FSF position will hold in court.

Why risk this? It is a much better and proven way forward to
apply the right licenses to the material.

Best regards
Keld Simonsen