Re: Serbian locales

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 01:28:23PM +0100, Danilo Segan wrote:
> Yesterday at 22:03, Denis Barbier wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 04:08:44PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > [...]
> >> When I have no idea if the change will be accepted, like new @modifier
> >> strings, or changes were the references documenting the correct values
> >> are missing or are not very convincing, I tend to let the bug report
> >> rot in bugzilla, because I have no idea what to do with it.
> >
> > Not sure if this is related to sr_CS@Latn, but anyway you can submit
> > sr_CS, this one should be non-controversial.
>
> I'd second that.  We want to have at least a working locale for
> Serbian, and with GNU gettext design, it means that even if there's no
> sr_CS@Latn locale, one can get sr@Latn translations with
> LANGUAGE=sr_CS@Latn (though, dates would be Cyrillic then, but it's
> far less of an issue).

Hi Danilo,
  * Good news: Drepper committed your sr_CS locale yesterday
  * Bad news: it is committed in HEAD only, not 2.3 branch.
Hopefully vendors will backport this change into their glibc packages.

I am not sure that pushing sr_CS@Latn now is a good idea, maybe we
could have other changes incorporated in order to gain some credit.
Your other variant @ije is less controversial, but I do not understand
which name you are eventually advocating for.

> > It would be great to have bugzilla reports forwarded to this list, did
> > you already request it?
>
> Perhaps there's a -maint style alias you can "watch" in Bugzilla, so
> you can receieve reports on all the locale bug reports yourself?

Yes, and it is currently set to Petter's email.  Petter, could you
please ask if your mail address can be replaced by this list so that
we all receive localedata bug reports?

Denis