Re: GDB pretty-printers for glibc?

On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 01:21 +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> There isn't one, mainly because the file is tightly integrated with
> the structures in the glibc sources - it accesses internal structures
> that could change between releases.

Sure, I wasn't suggesting that it would be checked in or distributed
separately from the Git repo (although I will try filing a bug with
Debian requesting they add these pretty-printers to one of their glibc
dbg or dev packages).

But it seems like the conversion from the .pysym -> .py doesn't require
_compiling_ the entire glibc source tree... just configuring,
generating headers, etc., and compiling the output of the awk script
should be sufficient.

A special make target like "make py-const-files" or something could be
created that would do those steps without compiling all the C code.

At least based on my limited investigation.