Re: GDB pretty-printers for glibc?

On 12 July 2017 at 22:25, Paul Smith <paul@mad-scientist.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have any GDB pretty-printers created for GNU libc data
> structures?  I wonder if something like this (once developed) shouldn't
> be added to the GNU libc release and installed by default.
>
> I'm thinking in particular of pretty-printers for things like
> pthread_mutex_t, pthread_cond_t, FILE, etc. but I'm sure there are
> other types which could benefit from pretty-printing.

We already have some pthread pretty printers in the glibc repo
(nptl/nptl-printers.py) and more pretty printers would be most
welcome.  There's a README.pretty-printers that should help you get
started in case you're interested in contributing pretty printers to
glibc.

Another work item here is to port the malloc pretty printers in
gdb-heap to glibc.  It apparently has some interesting features like
the ability to walk through the heap.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in