Re: fsf copyright assignment help

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Josh Hunt <johunt@akamai.com> wrote:
> Carlos thank you for all the information. I think what you've suggested
> about doing the personal and employer assignments makes a lot of sense, as
> does doing the core toolchain projects. This is very helpful. I have a few
> more questions.
>
> You mention the futures copyright assignment. It looks like I need to fill
> out this form:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/plain/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future
> to get the future assignment form, is that correct?

Yes, that is the correct form to start the process.

Keep in mind that this form starts the process, and subsequent
paperwork will be required before it is completed.

> Assuming that is correct for my personal assignment, is the same form used
> for my employer? I'll check to see if they already have something in place.
> If they don't, any info you can provide for me to sway them that direction
> would be appreciated.

It is sufficient that you answer "Yes" to the third question, and that
should start a discussion around having your employer sign a copyright
futures assignment. Feel free to indicate that in your submission.