Re: chroot kernel too old error with glibc 2.24

On 01/11/2017 04:06 PM, RAJESH DASARI wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks for the response , I am using mips architecture.

In this file "sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure" minimum linux kernel
is set as 3.2.0 , can i change it 2.6.32 and compile the glibc 2-24
again to avoid this kernel too old issue ?

We don't know. I don't think anyone has tested this. It's quite likely that some things will break as a result.

Did you see any issue here ? Does support for 2.6.32 syscalls also
removed for mips architecture , please provide your inputs on this.

Upstream removed it, but I don't know if the removal was just a formality so far, or if existing backwards compatibility code has already been removed.

Thanks,
Florian