Re: Name of indirect function evaluating to a hidden function?

Thanks for the explanation. I'll digest this for a moment, the subject is pretty new to me. I don't know about the history behind ifunc, but for the purpose of looking up symbol names, it does have a shortcoming.

Regarding parsing the GOT solution, as I understand it has to be done before the ifunc is resolved, and I'm not sure ifuncs are resolved lazily enough. And for the statically linked case I'm not sure either if there is any possibility to retreive ifunc before it's resolved.

Maybe at some point I'll be more comfortable with the above details of linking, and post a request for ifunc symbol lookup. Thanks for your time!

Hans Berghäll