Re: acceptable new gconv modules

On 27 Oct 2014 01:13, Akihiro TSUKADA wrote:
> I have a question about contribution to the iconv modules.
> I wrote new gconv modules for the character encodings
> which are used only in digital television systems,
> and I'd like to contribute them if it is possible.
>
> Is a contribution of gconv module for such an application-domain
> specific character encoding  acceptable to glibc?
>
> [I posted the same question to libc-alpha but
> it seems that it was inappropriate and did not get any responses,
> so I re-post it here.]

i don't think we have a policy here.  the problem is that encodings are largely
a "solved" problem: everything is unicode based now.  the trouble with adding
more modules now is that people see it as a support issue.

i guess you could attach the file here and we can see how much overhead it
actually adds.
-mike