Re: Easy way to decode res_query/res_search returned packet.

On 02/17/15 02:44, Sean Conner wrote:
It was thus said that the Great dE once stated:
Hi!

As we know, these 2 return a char array of the whole packet.

Is there any easy way to decode the packet to retrieve resource records?

I mean, going through the packet by hand is not easy... there must be
another way.
   Check out <https://github.com/spc476/SPCDNS>.  I wrote it to encode DNS
queries and parse DNS responses.  Perhaps this will help.

   -spc

Thanks for that, but I was wondering about compiling it using mingw.

That's why I cant use adns, ldns.